How to protect a folder with username and password in cPanel? Print
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the "Files" section, click on "Directory Privacy" Icon.
3. Click the icon to open a folder.
4. Click on the name of directory you want to protect by password.
5. Under "Security Settings", check the box next to "Password protect this directory" and enter a name for the protected directory like "Password Protected Area". Then click the "Save" button.
6. Now click on the "Go back" button.
7. Scroll down the page and under "Create User" fill in the username and password fields or use the Password Generator option to generate a new random password and copy the user/password to a notepad. You will need this when you want to open your password-protected directory and click on the "Save" button.
Now, should you try to open your password protected directory in your browser through the url www.example.com/myfolder, which is already password protected, your browser will prompt you to enter username and password.
Je li Vam ovaj odgovor pomogao?
How to protect your website's images from an external website? External Website can use < img /> tag to display an image from your site somewhere else on... How to disable directory browsing using .htaccess? For security purposes, we recommend that you to disable directory browsing on your website so no... How to protect your .htaccess file? For security purpose we recommended you to prevent access to your .htaccess file from... How to restrict directory access by IP address? In order to secure your admin area from hackers, we recommended you to allow access only from... How to ban any IP Address via .htaccess? If someone is trying to hack your website or you want to block their IP Address, you can add this...